PhpMyNewsLetter 2.0

Support et annonces PhpMyNewsLetter.

Vous n'êtes pas identifié(e).

Annonce

Pour me permettre de mieux vous aider au mieux, merci d'être le plus précis possible en donnant :
- la version de phpmynewsletter utilisée
- votre hébergement : personnel, dédié, mutualisé
- votre hébergeur (OVH, free, Infomaniak, 1and1,...)
- votre OS : linux, windows
- version de PHP (5.3, 5.6, 7.0, hhvm...)
Toutes les réponses à mes questions qui sont sans retour de votre part seront considérées comme résolues !

#1 13-02-2015 17:07:05

pouyan.kh
Membre

suggestion & Questions

Hi
thank you for good script that you have provided. i have not use it completely yet but it is promising.
i have few question and suggestion and will be glad to hear from you about them.

my situation is as follows :
we want to send  newsletter from a company account email to near 3k contacts. the mail server is at our company site so we have lan connection to it so speed is full. the list of our contact contain some invalid email and some that have been closed but nobody deleted.

Q:
1- How much time resource the script will take for sending email for 3k list?
2- the account pass is for a manager is there any way to change script to only receive it before sending emails and don't save it in DB?
3- what will happen if email are invalid does script check them or does it stop working because it face a invalid email in queue ?

S:
for password a temporary solution was to hide password in form i don't know if it was intentional or a bug but in config pass for smtp auth was shown as text i change it so input be shown as password( like pass for database). i suggest the change be done in next update for your script.
i am also translating the script to my lang ( persian ) and wanted to suggest that change in language also become a priority, i edited most of index page to put translate function in menus (if you think it will help i could send them for you).

thanks.

#2 13-02-2015 23:31:34

Arnaud
Administrateur

Re : suggestion & Questions

Hello pouyan.kh, happy to meet you, and welcome.

I'll try to give you the best answers (hope you'll understand my poor english  big_smile )

1 - If you manage your own server, so you can let 50 send mail for each curly (good word plz ?), so it will give 50 mails every 10 seconds. You'll need 3000/50*10=600 seconds ! Is it OK for you ?

2- I don't really understand the question, could you help me ?

3- after sending mails, you ll be redirect on a page, the tracking page, who will manage the mails who are not delivered. Look at your mailq (top left of the manager, it will say you 4 or 10 or n mails are waiting for send "en cours d'envoi", 3rd line)

Suggestions : no, this is not a bug, yes it's intentionnal. If you want to obfuscar the password, you'll have to deactivate the smtp test... Else it will be shown when you'll click on "Tester ces paramètres" (test these settings)

You propose to translate it in persian ! Oh yes, i would so happy !

For the next version, we'll work on a big translation, mutli-language, and persian is welcome of course ! Phpmynewsletter is utf-8 encoded, so no problem !

Many Thanks, really, in advance !

Regards,
Arnaud (and as i said in an other topic : excuse me for my so poooooooooooor english !)

Je prends le temps de créer un outil pour tous, de niveau professionnel, mais simple !
Il n'est pas encore parfait, soyez indulgents, ça vient...
Si vous avez des questions, n'hésitez pas ! Mais soyez précis pour une réponse plus rapide  wink

#3 14-02-2015 08:17:44

pouyan.kh
Membre

hi,
thanks for quick reply.

* - for no 2 : a person write and prepare newsletter but newsletter will be from a email that belongs to a dep manager so the first person dont have pass for it. i was after a way that manager come type his pass and send mail and that pass wont save anywhere that could be used later ( like in DB ).

* - for no 3 : i will test it and see what happen. on the same note for  "en cours d'envoi" i tried to use translate function for it but it dosnt work i think because it is in script do you have any suggestion how i could do this.*(red line picture below)

1423897528_php001.jpg

* - for suggestion : could you tell me where is the "Tester ces paramètres" i didn't see it. and i was talking about input box in smtp auth ( pic below with blue line ) that i secured by editing the code.

*- new question : what does bounce ability do ( black line in pic below). from my understanding it access the mail box to find error email that were send back by mail server from receiver end is that correct.

1423898215_php002.jpg

thanks.

#4 14-02-2015 11:41:15

Arnaud
Administrateur

Hello pouyan.kh

Now i understand !
You want to write a mail for the manager and use his account to send it.
OK.
3 ways :

1. - send it with php.... Forget, not a good solution

2. - your smtp doesn't need an account, it works (you can try it with an other list you'll create in the manager : add a list, prepare it with your mail(sender) and add a mail in the list, write, and send).

3. - your smtp needs an account : another 2 ways :

• the smtp must be the account of the sender : the script doesn't manage it today

• the smtp needs an account who can different of the manager account : you can put your account and send with the mail of your manager

So, this is my suggestion, and i think it will works, because to send a mail, in 98% of the time, the account for smtp doesn't need to be the account of the mail :
- create a new list (test list)
- add a mail for sender (whatever you want, but different of account smtp)
- add a mail for receiver (your mail for example)
- use your smtp account
- send, and say us...

For the "en cours d'envoi" :
- go to include/mailq.php
- line 20 and 47, change

echo '<a>pas de mail en cours d\'envoi</a>';

to anything else

And line 45 :

echo '<a href="?page=manager_mailq&list_id='.$list_id.'&token='.$_SESSION['_token'].'" title="see and manage mails in process" class="tooltip">'.$mails_en_cours.' mails in process</a>';

change the title and the link.

"Tester ces paramètres" :
go to global conf, bounce, and at the bottom of the page, you will have your parameters to manage bounce.
So yes, bounce go to your mailbox (the one of your manager) and read all the mail to find mails in error.

(I have to change the results, because as you said, the manager pass, like others, doesn't need to be show...)

Hope i answered !

Have a nice day.

Plz, next week, i have 5 days for holidays, i'll try to give answers, but from my phone...

Arnaud

Je prends le temps de créer un outil pour tous, de niveau professionnel, mais simple !
Si vous avez des questions, n'hésitez pas ! Mais soyez précis pour une réponse plus rapide  wink

#5 14-02-2015 11:46:20

pouyan.kh
Membre

I will test your suggestions.
thank you.

#6 14-02-2015 13:11:16

Arnaud
Administrateur

You're welcome ;-)
Give us feed

#7 14-02-2015 18:51:32

pouyan.kh
Membre

i got several problem first when i tried to send email i got error then i add some code in send_preview and send.php and solve it .( picture below)

1423936193_phpmn001.jpg

now i receive both email test and main but i receive 2 email on each on my contact in list why?

thanks

#8 14-02-2015 22:28:28

Arnaud
Administrateur

I need more info could you send me the last log to arnaud at phpmynewsletter dot com please.
Did you create a short list to try it ?

#9 15-02-2015 20:03:42

Arnaud
Administrateur

I'm looking, i need a short time.

#10 16-02-2015 10:49:59

Arnaud
Administrateur

Hello pouyan.kh,

I read all the scripts and your log.
I think you've got a problem with mysql  who is very slow, that, or your smtp connection...
Because there is only one loop.

The process you have :
- i take a mail
- i send a mail
- i update DB
Time is going and search for the next mail to send. The first is updated as send, so phpmynewsletter takes it again to send.

In my log, a mail takes only 0.10 to 1.15 to go away :

============================================================
04 Oct 2014
Started at 17:07:34
N° 	 Date 		 Time 		 Status 		 Recipient  
------------------------------------------------------------
1	17:07:34	 0.149		 OK 	*****@yahoo.fr
2	17:07:37	 0.124		 OK 	*****@gmail.com
3	17:07:41	 0.121		 OK 	*****@*****.info
4	17:07:44	 0.105		 OK 	*****@hotmail.com
5	17:07:48	 0.122		 OK 	*****@gmx.com
6	17:07:51	 0.109		 OK 	*****@gmail.com
Finished at 17:07:52
Taille de la mémoire swap           : 0
Nombre de pages mémoires utilisées  : 0
Temps utilisateur (en secondes)     : 0
Temps utilisateur (en microsecondes): 16001

Yours mails are send with 3 to 4 seconds, it's very long !

14 Feb 2015
Started at 22:18:25
N° 	 Date 		 Time 		 Status 		 Recipient  
1	22:18:39	 4.062		 OK 	**********@gmail.com
2	22:18:43	 3.625		 OK 	**********@yahoo.com
3	22:18:46	 3.718		 OK 	**********@gmail.com
Finished at 22:18:46
1	22:18:53	 4.078		 OK 	**********@gmail.com
2	22:18:57	 3.640		 OK 	**********@yahoo.com
3	22:19:00	 3.765		 OK 	**********@gmail.com
Finished at 22:19:00
Finished at 22:19:05
Finished at 22:19:08

And it writes 4 time the script finished, so you've got bug mysql or smtp.

Pied de page des forums

Propulsé par FluxBB